Monday, April 3, 2017

Going to India (3/14/17)

Well the travel adventure has started. I am getting ready to depart for a yoga pilgrimage to India with a group from my favorite yoga studio Breathe Together. This trip will be led  by Prajna Viera and Jenn Prugh both are favorites and I am so excited. The trip is based on Bhakti Yoga which is the yoga of devotion. We will be visiting some of the most sacred ancient sites in India. I am fascinated by the history of India and also love the Bhakti tradition in yoga.

One of my favorite parts of the Bhakti yoga tradition is Kirtan and chanting. I thought it was pretty crazy the first time I was involved in chanting Sanskrit with a bunch of other yoga students. But the experience soon grew on me and now it is one of my favorite yoga practices. Chanting is a time honored way to get in touch with your 'self' and feel at peace. In my study of world wide traditions and rituals I have not come across a culture that does not celebrate with sound and often song.

It seems the idea of sound vibrations run deep in the essence of our being. Resonating with the vibrations of the universe is not just a nice idea it is also steeped in scienctific study. It fascinates me. When we chant AUM we are actually aligning our vibration as close as we can to the vibration sound of the universe. I love that.

Anyway, I am heading to the other side of the world to explore the origins of this practice and all the history that place in the world has to offer. I know it will most likely be much more than I can take in during my brief 2 weeks, but I am looking forward to the emersion. My family is a bit sad to see me go, but they have been very supportive. I planned this trip back in August before we knew we were selling the house. I felt back then it was time to start exploring the world and I knew I had to take the first steps in leading my family in that direction.

So, the adventure begins! I will let you know what transpired during my travels when I return.
Until then be well and enjoy the blossoming of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Going to India (3/14/17)

Well the travel adventure has started. I am getting ready to depart for a yoga pilgrimage to India with a group from my favorite yoga studio...